Structured Settlement Annuity Companies
What is a Structured Settlement Annuity Company?
A structured settlement annuity company, also known as a structured settlement insurance company, is a life insurance company that makes regular payments to claimants based on settlement agreements. These payments, normally made on behalf of defendants in personal injury, wrongful death, and workers’ compensation matters, help claimants manage their money and provide for future needs.
How Do You Obtain a Structured Settlement Annuity?
You have to work with a settlement broker or planner to create a structured settlement annuity.
Settlement Annuity Options
There are multiple options annuity for structured settlement annuities:
- Fixed-Indexed Annuities
Annuity payments can increase or decrease based on stock market performance.
- Multiple-Year Guarantee Agreements
Fixed annuities with a certain interest rate for a period of time.
- Single Premium Immediate Annuities
Purchased with one upfront payment, this income-focused product pays almost immediately.
- Deferred Income Annuities
Available with one-time or multiple deposit payments, these immediate annuities with a delayed start date provide higher payments.
List of Structured Settlement Annuity Companies
- AIG/American General/Corebridge
- (First) Berkshire Hathaway Life Insurance Company (of Nebraska)
- Genworth Financial
- Hartford Financial Services Group
- Independent Life Insurance Company
- Metropolitan (Tower) Life Insurance Company
- New York Life Insurance Company/Structured Settlements
- Pacific Life (& Annuity/Insurance) Company
- Prudential Insurance Company of America
- Transamerica/Wilton RE
- United of Omaha Life Insurance Company
- USAA Life Insurance Company